NYC Skyline Photo - So you are going to New York City and want to get the best skyline photos of the downtown Manhattan. But where are the best locations? TravelingWarrior.com is here to help you capture that amazing photo with our top list of options!
1. Governor’s Island – The very best skyline photo of NYC is from Governor’s Island which is just a short distance to the south of Manhattan. To get there, visitors can catch a free ferry. This island is only open between May and September each year. If you would like a photo that is a little elevated make sure to take a tour of Castle Williams. On the roof, vacationers have a clear view pointed straight at the skyline.
2. Staten Island Ferry – The Staten Island Ferry runs year round and gives visitors a chance at some great photos when they initially leave Manhattan or on the return trip. The ferry is free of charge and runs every 30 minutes and during the week a little more often during rush hour.
3. Brooklyn Heights Promenade – This is a great place to view the skyline from the east. Vacationers can get here on the 2 or 3 train and exit at the Clark Street Subway stop. It is only a few blocks walk to arrive.
4. Liberty Island/Ellis Island - Whether you are going to see the Statue of Liberty or where so many immigrants entered this nation, these two islands make great locations to see the NYC Skyline. We suggest you have an advanced zoom option on your camera because these options have increased distance.
5. New Jersey – The area around the Empty Sky Memorial in New Jersey is probably one of the better places to get a photo of downtown Manhattan. Also, from this location we advise having an advanced zoom on your camera.
We know that you will be able to achieve the very best skyline photo of downtown Manhattan. That photo can be kept as an amazing memory of your vacation to the Big Apple.